Thursday, May 18, 2006

Answering for the Lack of Rhythm,

Witty retorts aside, you’re right, I can’t dance. I don’t lack desire, I don’t lack feet, one left and one right over there, I don’t lack for much but a beat slow enough to work with...which doesn’t make for good dancing. Yes, I know. In my head, I am smooth, gliding across the floor like silky Astaire before he got old and died. In my head, I feel the music in my soul, thumping out my angst like hedgehogs at a carnival. Then again, in my head, I am much taller and my teeth much whiter. I can’t escape middle school formals, when I still thought I could dance, just didn’t want to. Sitting in my memory in a pod of prepubescent men, forming my views on this whole dancing thing, I still haven’t found the right girl with which to dance. Maybe my wife can help me find her. The sad part is, I just found out. Nobody told me, not with furtive glances or screaming stares, “STOP DANCING, YOU TWIT”. Nothing. I found out in the midst of the middle aged, thinking myself better, only to find out that it is I who has no rhythm. So, you’re right, I can’t dance, but I can whistle. So there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

o.k., look people. it's june. a week into june. all is gloomy here in lala land. you know, the morning marine layer that doesn't burn off until the afternoon, the hazy sun that makes you think you don't need sunblock until it's too late and you turn into lobsterdude, the traffic that's always heading in your direction when you need to be there ten minutes ago. you know, pre summer. and here we sit, waiting for dispatches from the rugged silver state. wait, that's nevada. what's colorado? the catch-your-breath-because-you're-at-altitude state?
anyway, you should be here. ezra is staging a reading of a really cool play for which i worked as a.d., which we all know means gofer and stand-in when one of the actors doesn't show up for a rehearsal. the play is great fun, and you should be here to see the reading. really. get on a plane. come here. the bathroom can wait. what are you doing anyway?

and why don't you update your freaking blog? i'm here, where the hell are you? pet the kittes for me.

love ya bunches,
miss ann trope

11:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, about the dancing thing. shake it but don't break it, baby!

11:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home